Every time each infected user shares the idea with more than one susceptible user on average, the number of infected users will grow according to a logistic curve, whose initial segment appears exponential. Of course, the whole of the marketing initiative may be wildly successful even if the rate at which things are spread isn't of epidemic proportions(if we call that in the medical terms), if this user-to-user sharing is sustained by other forms of marketing communications, such as public relations or advertising which are again the mainstream of marketing. Viral marketing is measured along many parameters but one of the most important is the high pass-along rate from person to person. If a large percentage of recipients forward something to a large number of others, the overall growth becomes very quick.
There are tons of example both in Indian context and adboad ,one example of successful viral marketing is Hotmail, a company, now owned by Microsoft, that promotes its service and its own advertisers' messages in every user's e-mail notes.
- Start your Viral Internet Marketing campaign with an end in mind.
- Spend the time developing a campaign which will speak to your audience.
- Allow (and Encourage) multiple Viral Internet Marketing “infections strains”.
- Offer a compelling reason to “spread the infection”.
- Allow personalization of “Refer a Friend” fields.
- Give things a little push in the right direction.
- Test and Measure the whole process and the parameters used in the campaign.